Struts and shocks are key elements
in improving your Mustang's handling
. For best performance
and ride quality
, struts and shocks (dampers) must be properly matched
to spring rates that are chosen for the vehicle's intended use.
High performance dampers are available for street-driven
Mustangs as well as racecars
Sorry, for direct bolt-in replacements there is not much choice for 1979-1986 Fox chassis Mustang.
- Performance struts do not mate to the first generation Fox Mustang spindle.
Solution: swap to 1987-93 V8 spindles (or SN95 spindles) and brakes, and choose struts from the 1987-93 V8 group.
- Performance shocks do not fit the OEM mounting on the 7.5" axle housing.
Solution: install MM rear lower shock mounts, and choose shocks from the 1987-93 V8 group.
Many choices for the 1987-1993 V8 Fox chassis 5.0L Mustang. Each brand has it own attributes.
- All struts in this group fit the 1987-93 V8 spindles, as well as 1994-04 spindles.
- No strut in this group will fit 1979-86 spindles, or non-V8 1987-93 spindles.
- Someshocks in this group match the 1987-93 V8 extended/compressed lengths;some are noted as matching the 1994-04 extended/compressed lengths, andhave an integral bumpstop.